Thursday, January 29, 2015

Beef and Noodles

Who doesn't love a big ol pot of beef (venison) and noodles!  I made my noodles by putting my dough through my meat grinder.  Worked fabulous.  I also thought that my grinder would be a nightmare to clean, but nope, it came apart clean.  The only thing I had to scrub real good was the front piece where the noodles were formed.  In this recipe I used my homemade noodle recipe located int the perfect pastries and breads folder.  I added about 1/8 Cup more milk to make dough a little stickier for running through the grinder.  Very delicious!


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. stew meat or roast (I freezed chunks of venison for this reason)
  • 1 Tbsp Steak Seasoning
  • 2 Tsp. celery salt
  • 1 Tbsp. Garlic Salt
  • 6 beef bouillon cubes 
  • Homemade noodles.  (I tripled the batch.  Doubled would have been plenty, my family loves noodles)


Direcions:

Place your beef chunks in your crock-pot.  Mine is frozen.  Which works well, if you have some in your freezer already cubed.  I do this when I process our deer.  Makes things much quicker when cooking.


Completely cover the meat with water and then add all of your spices and bouillon cubes.  Then cover your pot and cook on high for the day while your at work or whatever you might be doing.  Stir a few times.


A couple of hours before your ready to eat, prepare your noodles, found under perfect pastries and breads.  Cut to the size you would like.  After they have dried for an hour add to crock-pot.  Let cook for another 45 minutes or until noodles are done.


Voila!  This is so delicious and easy to make.  A very hearty meal, and great for those cold days.  We like to eat them over mashed potatoes.  Let me know what you think.  Leave me some comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment