Saturday, January 24, 2015

Oven Fried Chicken



 Who doesn't love fried chicken!!!  This is the first time I've made it this way.  I usually Fry it in my electric skillet with a TON of oil.  This time I baked it.  The seasonings I've added gave it such good flavor, my husband loved it over my regular fried chicken.  I don't like to boast, but my regular fried chicken is pretty darn awesome.  This was delicious.

Ingredients:

  • 1 Tbsp Butter
  • 1 Cup flour
  • 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
  • 2 tsp Kentucky Chicken and Poultry Seasoning
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp garlic salt


Directions:

The KEY to any good Fried Chicken recipe is to soak it in salty ice water.  I store it in my refrigerator for a couple of hours topped with ice cubes.  This will create a yummy crispy crust.


Combine all of your spices and flour


Coat each piece of chicken on both sides.


Place in a Hot 9 x 13 casserole pan with 1 Tbsp MELTED butter.  Bake at 425* for 35 minutes.  Flip over chicken and bake on the other side for 15 minutes.  I rotated a couple times on each side. About 10 more minutes on each side.  You can also fry this recipe, which I normally do.  Trying to eat a little healthier.

Serve it up with a nice baked potato and a veggie, OR mashed potatoes and gravy and a veggie. 


VOILA!!



No comments:

Post a Comment