Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Perfect Pancakes

This is my mothers recipe.  I remember she used to make these all the time when I was little.  I make them for my family and they love them as well.  I've had several compliments when I've made others this recipe.  This pancake is light and fluffy, with a sweet flavor.  1 batch makes about 10 small cakes.  I usually double the batch.  They are light a fluffy and so filling.


Ingredients:

1 1/4 Cup Flour
3 tsp baking powder
3 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil

Directions: 


Sift together Flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.  Next add milk, egg and oil.  Mix well.  

Mixture should be thick, yet not too thick.  If its too thick, add a little more milk, but take care as to not make it too runny.


Pour about 1/4-1/3 of a cup onto a hot greased griddle.  Bubbles should form on top of the cake.  When sides seem cooked or cake is completely covered in bubbles, time to flip.


Should be a beautiful golden brown when flipped.  Cook on second side until golden brown.


Voila!!  Serve up with some butter and syrup, a side of eggs.  Perfect start to your morning.

Would love to hear your opinions!!  Send pics!!


No comments:

Post a Comment