Monday, January 12, 2015

Venison Swiss Steak

This is a Hubby favorite and easy peasy to make.  Not to mention it makes the house smell delightful while cooking.  Our family eats a lot of venison.  In most of my recipes I used ground venison instead of beef.  My family cannot tell the difference.  Its healthier eating.  I really think it matters where you hunt.  Around here our deer are corn fed.  This makes a huge difference in taste of the meat.

Ingredients:

  • Some nice cut venison steaks, or you can use beef.  Whichever you prefer...go ahead and give some venison a bash.  You wont be disappointed!
  • 1 - 12oz can of tomato sauce
  • 1 whole onion, sliced
  • garlic salt
  • salt & pepper
  • 1 cup of water


Lay the steaks in a 9x13 casserole dish.  I love my stoneware.  It tends to cook the meat much more even and it always comes out so tender.  Cover the meat with the sliced onions.



Pour over the tomato sauce.  Add 1 cup of water, garlic salt, salt and pepper.  Cover and bake in the oven at 375* for 2 hours.  If you are a busy cook, you may also cook this in the crockpot during the day, while you are at work.  I find that the meat falls apart and does not stay in the form of a steak.  It still tastes delicious.


Voila!!!  Delicious!!


No comments:

Post a Comment