Monday, March 30, 2015

Sweet Potato Bun

I saw this on My Fitness Pal so I had to check it out.  I'm not sure WHO created it, but I'm gonna share it!!  This is for those of you who want to eat a healthy sandwich without the bread...GLUTEN FREE, Dairy Free, and Soy Free...WOOHOO...Not only that, but this was just simply delicious.


Ingredients:

1 large sweet potato
3 whole eggs
1 tbsp salt free seasoning
2 tbsp coconut oil

Directions:

Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in frying pan.  While heating peel and shred sweet potato.  I used my veggetini spiral maker and then with the chunks left over I used my small electric food chopper.  Cook sweet potato in skillet until softened.  Then remove from heat to let cool a little.

In a separate bowl whisk 3 whole eggs. 


Combine eggs, cooked sweet potato, and seasoning.


It will look mushy.  In skillet heat the other tbsp of Coconut Oil.  




Form 2 round patties with your mixture and cook on medium heat.  Cook for about 5-10 min. on each side, or until each side is crunchy.  Do not flip too soon, or it may fall apart. 


Remove from heat and top one piece of your healthy bun with whatever floats your boat!!  I kept mine simple and topped with lettuce and 3 oz. of shaved ham.  Then topped with the other half.  This was such a delightful change from bread...BETTER! There was some mixture left over for me to make another bun set for lunch tomorrow.  I just covered with plastic wrap and stored it in my fridge.

       VOILA!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment