Saturday, April 4, 2015

Seven Layer Salad

This is NOT my recipe, however it was so good, I wanted to share it with everyone who follows me.  I actually saw this on Facebook and decided to try it.  WINNER WINNER SALAD DINNER!!!


Ingredients for Salad:

1 to 2 heads romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 medium red onion, sliced or chopped, your choice
1/2 cup green olives, sliced
3/4 cup corn kernels (thawed from frozen or fresh from the cob - no need to cook) I substituted Mushrooms due to the sugar content of corn.
1 avocado, pit removed, peeled and chopped
1 orange bell pepper, chopped
3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered (about 2 cups after slicing)
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, dill, and/or basil, chopped...I used cilantro


 Creamy Salsa Vinaigrette
.
Ingredients (organic and non-GMO whenever possible):
1/2 cup Greek yogurt or coconut milk, I used coconut milk
1/2 cup your favorite mild or medium Salsa
2 tablespoons mayonnaise or Earth Balance vegannaise <-- I would use "Just Mayo"
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil (unrefined, cold-pressed, extra-virgin)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 heaping tablespoon chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt




2 comments: