Friday, April 10, 2015

Sweet Potato Pancakes

I made this recipe up as I went.  It is gluten, dairy and soy free.  Very filling.  a little heavier pancake, but delicious.


Ingredients:

1 1/2 Cup Organic Unbleached white flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 large egg
1 1/2 Cups Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp 100% virgin olive oil
1 small can Cut Sweet Potatoes in syrup
2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:

I mixed all of my ingredients in my Ninja, but you can use a mixing bowl.  Do not drain the sweet potatoes.  Dump the whole can.  If your batter seems too thick add a little more almond milk.  The  1 1/2 cups was just about right for me.  You don't want your batter too thick or it doesn't get cooked clear through the pancake.  You will want it somewhat runny.



This was actually a little too thick.  I started out with only 1 cup of almond milk.  I ended up adding another 1/2 Cup.  Cook on your pancake griddle OR stove on medium heat.  You don't want your heat too hot or the cake will burn before its cooked through the middle.


When your cake looks like this, bubbly and dry around the edges, its time to flip.


This is what mine looked like after I flipped them.  A nice golden brown.


Then Voila.  This recipe makes 6-8 nice size pancakes.  Depends how big you want them.  Serve with your organic butter.  I use Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan spread, and sugar free syrup.






No comments:

Post a Comment