Sunday, January 18, 2015

No Knead Sweet Roll Dough

My mother makes this every holiday.  They are the most perfect Bread Roll recipe you will ever taste.  I've started using it to make different things.  The thing I like most about it, is I don't have to get my hands gooey!  We are having some friends over this evening so I used my dough for a pizza roll.  Unfortunately our little store here did not have pepperoni's, so I used summer sausage.  Turned out great.  Next time I will add MORE meat, however we love the bread so everyone enjoyed anyway!



Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp. yeast or 2 pkg.
  • 2 c. warm water
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1 tbsp. salt
  • 1/2 c oil
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 4 1/2 c. flour
Directions:

Mix everything except flour until well mixed.  



Then add flour until well mixed.  No need to knead.  I stir it with a fork.


Dough will be sticky.


Cover.  Let Rise once and punch down.  Make into caramel rolls, cinnamon rolls, doughnuts, bismarks or whatever you would like.  Let rise in lightly greased pans.  Bake at 350* until lightly golden brown.  Cool, then frost or glaze.  I am using this batch for a sausage/cheese roll.


Pour onto a well floured surface.  Roll for whatever you may be preparing it for.  I added 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and sliced summer sausage.   


Roll over 1 time.  Tuck sides after 1st roll, then continue to roll until you get to the end.

Its not too pretty, but this is my first one.  :)


After you've baked it coat with what ever topping you'd like, frosting, glaze, etc.  Since I made a sausage roll I coated it with a stick of butter.  Just a light coat.



Voila!!  I will add more meat next time.  It was still a very yummy snack!


My sisters cinnamon rolls, made with this bread recipe.

4 comments:

  1. My sister used this recipe today to make cinnamon rolls. They look fabulous!! MJ, let us know what you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUST THOUGHT I WOUI;D TELL YOU I USED TO MAKE SOMETHING SIMILAR, I USED TACO MEAT AND CHEESE, AND ROLLED IT LIKE YOU WOULD THE CIN. ROLLS AND THEN JUST SLICED IT. . . USED TACO SAUCE OR WHATEVER,/ SOMETIME SOUR CREAM . . .. (I ALSO CHEATED AND USED FROZEN BREAD DOUGH! lol) Cj

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds wonderful!! Gonna try it!!

    ReplyDelete