Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sausage Cheese Roll

I made these for a family night at my house.  It was my first shot at it.  I saw a picture on Facebook, and thought I'd give it a bash.  Turned out really yummy.  My kids loved it!  Next time I will use pepperoni's and more of them, maybe more cheese too.



Ingredients:
Bread Dough:  I used my recipe in Perfect pastries and breads.  No Knead Sweet Roll Dough
1 or 2 rolls of summer sausage sliced
1 or 2 pkg. mozzarella cheese.
Butter stick


Directions:
   

Place dough onto a well floured surface.  Roll about 12 inches by 8 inches.   Top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and sliced summer sausage or whatever meat you would like.   


Roll over 1 time.  Tuck sides after 1st roll, then continue to roll until you get to the end.


Its not too pretty, but this is my first one.  :)


Bake in a preheated oven at 350* for 25-30 min.  Until Golden brown.


After you've baked it coat with what ever topping you'd like, frosting, glaze, etc.  Since I made a sausage roll I coated it with a stick of butter.  Just a light coat.



Voila!!  I will add more meat next time.  It was still a very yummy snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment