Friday, January 16, 2015

Super Duper Nachos!!




This is something I make for football parties, or after having chili the night before.  Everyone loves Nachos.  You can put whatever toppings you would like.  This is one of my families favorite meals.

Directions
  • Tortillas. I do corn and flour.  I prefer the crunch of the corn tortillas my kids like the light flaky taste of the flour tortillas.
  • Cut your tortillas in half and then in 3rd s to form triangle shaped chips. Cut as many as you think you will need for your family.  For football parties I do a whole 12 ct pkg of flour and a whole 25 ct pkg of corn depending on how many have been invited.  It makes a lot.
  • Fry in Fry Daddy until Golden brown.
  • Place in a Large glass bowl or serving bowl with a paper towel at the bottom to soak up excess grease.
Taco Meat Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs ground beef or venison
  • 6 Tbsp chili seasoning
  • 1 tbsp  onion powder
  • 1 Tbsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup of water
Directions:  Fry burger until cooked thoroughly.  Drain excess grease.  (I wash mine after cooking) Add all of the seasonings and water.  Stir well and let cook on low for about 10 min.

Toppings for Nachos:

Home fried Tortilla chips (I will blog a recipe for homemade tortillas soon)
Taco Meat
Chili ( I will blog a recipe for homemade chili soon)
Nacho cheese (I buy the VERY large can at Walmart.  Its already spicy)
chopped onion
tomatoes
lettuce
black olives
jalapenos
sour cream


VOILA!!!  There you have it!!  Tell me what you think!  Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment