Monday, September 26, 2016

Gluten, Dairy, Egg free pizza crust/pizza

I have recently learned that I am allergic to gluten, eggs, dairy, wheat, corn, red beans, white beans, potato, and almonds, among other things.  Eating just got difficult.  So, I am learning new ways to cook.  Here is an amazing pizza crust.  I found a similar recipe online, however it called for eggs and sweet potatoes.  I improvised with xanthen gum and butternut squash.  Turned out amazing.  Hope you enjoy it!


Crust:
Ingredients:
1 cooked butternut squash puréed
1 cup rice flour
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder 
1 tsp onion powder
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 tsp chili powder

Mix all ingredients.  Mixture will seem sticky.  Spread on pizza stone.  Crust will rise during baking. 
Bake at 400° for 30 minutes

I topped my pizza with;
small can of tomato sauce
sliced smoked pork
grilled chicken cubed
sliced onions
sliced green pepper
tomatoes sliced
Italian seasoning
Garlic powder
Onion Powder

spread the tomato sauce over the cooked crust.  Sprinkle with seasonings then add the rest of the toppings.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15 min or until hot.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment